Comcast today announced that Xfinity Flex is now included with an Xfinity Internet-only subscription, providing millions of new and existing customers with the ability to easily access their favorite streaming services and manage their connected home devices right on the TV. Xfinity Flex leverages Xfinity X1 technology to deliver a truly differentiated platform and add incredible value for streaming-first Internet customers. Xfinity Flex comes with an Internet-connected, 4K UHD streaming TV device, the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote, a redesigned guide, and nearly 10,000 free movies and TV shows.
“Xfinity Flex gives customers a radically simple, aggregated television experience that personalizes their streaming choices across a sea of apps and services,” said Matt Strauss, Executive Vice President, Xfinity Services, Comcast Cable. “Today’s Internet customers need more than speed—they want wall-to-wall WiFi coverage, simplified control of their connected home, and the best streaming experience. With Xfinity xFi and Xfinity Flex, we are including all of that and more with our Internet service, all in one place, on the best screen in the home.”
Xfinity Flex also provides customers with an easy way to better manage, control and enjoy the connected home by enabling them to easily access their entertainment, find their Wi-Fi password, see what devices are connected to their network, set parental controls, and even pause Wi-Fi access on their home network. They also can use voice control to access their camera feeds, arm or disarm their home security system and find their Xfinity Mobile phone—all on the TV.
The entire Xfinity Flex experience can be navigated and controlled with the Xfinity Voice Remote, and includes:
- A fully integrated guide with universal voice control, featuring a new home page with live, immersive tiles that help customers quickly get back into what they were watching
- A new “Free to Me” destination where customers can easily browse more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows including live streaming from ESPN3, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, Xumo, Cheddar, YouTube, Sky News, in addition to all the content included with their streaming subscriptions from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Showtime, EPIX, Sling International and soon Peacock and Hulu
- A new grid guide that compiles available live programming across networks and apps, and a curated destination for everything new to the platform
- The ability to rent and purchase thousands of movies and shows from the digital store and access their digital lockers across platforms by pairing their account with Movies Anywhere
- The ability to browse and listen to music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and XITE using the voice remote
- The ability to easily upgrade to Xfinity TV on X1 from the guide later this year, which offers hundreds of live channels, tens of thousands of on demand titles, and a cloud DVR
The lease of one Xfinity Flex box is included with an Xfinity Internet-only subscription along with an Xfinity Voice Remote. Additional boxes will be available to lease for five dollars per month per box (limit of two boxes per customer). For more information on Xfinity Flex, visit www.xfinity.com/flex.Follow us: