NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTGR), a leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small businesses, is introducing a new DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, the Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem (CM1200), designed to deliver true multi-gig internet speeds up to 2 gigabits per second to homes and offices that desire the fastest internet speeds available.
Today’s connected homes with their multitude of always-on smart devices and bandwidth hungry streaming and online gaming are facing a need to provide greater capacity to the cloud for all these devices that are competing for limited bandwidth. The major US cable internet cable services providers such as XFINITY® from Comcast, Spectrum and Cox are addressing this need with the deployment of gigabit service over the existing cable infra-structure, known within the industry as DOCSIS 3.1.
“In-home demand for faster broadband continues to accelerate as the increase in 4K televisions, which now account for over half of televisions sold, promises to invigorate demand for 4K streamed content. Alongside this growth in high bandwidth content resides the growth of in-home connected devices that will shape the connected home of the future,” said Stephen Baker, vice president, industry advisor for The NPD Group. “Without faster broadband the industry will be unable to fulfill consumer demands for these products and services, potentially limiting sales growth.”
With the deployment of this new standard, cable customers are able to benefit from gigabit internet and higher speeds to their home and offices, but will require a compatible modem to realize the true potential of this new service. Designed to maximize internet speed for IoT devices and provide smooth 4K/8K Ultra HD streaming, online gaming and more, the Nighthawk® CM1200 is also fully compatible with previous cable standards, and is ready for today’s service plans as well as future upgrades. The Nighthawk® CM1200 enables more households and business owners to enjoy this multi-gigabit internet performance, while eliminating rental fees from your internet service provider and save up to $150 a year†.
“For over twenty years, NETGEAR has led with innovation by developing new technologies that address the needs of our customers,” said David Henry, senior vice president of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR. “We have seen the growing need to deliver a capable modem to address the desire to deliver gigabit per second and beyond internet speeds to both the home and office. The Nighthawk CM1200 is just the latest in a lineage of cable internet products that meet this need in the marketplace.”
To experience superior bandwidth within the home or office network, the Nighthawk® CM1200, with its four gigabit Ethernet ports, enables link aggregation to achieve up to 2 gigabit per second internet speed which is compatible with routers, such as the Nighthawk® X6S AC3600 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R7960P), or the new Wi-Fi 6 routers such as the Nighthawk® AX8 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX80), Nighthawk® AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX120), Nighthawk® Tri-Band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX200) to achieve gigabit plus Wi-Fi speeds throughout the home.
Comcast Business customers have the added benefit that the Nighthawk CM1200 also supports up to four IP addresses, allowing separate internet connections to run multiple services independently, such as a VPN Gateway, a Point-of-Sale system, an internet-provided phone service.
Key CM1200 Features:
- Multi-Gig Experience – Maximize internet speeds with up to 2 Gbps via link aggregation support. Pair with compatible Nighthawk wireless routers for gigabit plus Wi-Fi speeds. Experience ultra-fast download speeds for ultimate streaming and gaming.
- Ready for Gigabit Service Plans – Supports the fastest internet service plans available today and future speed upgrades.
- DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem – Up to 10X faster download speeds than the DOCSIS® 3.0 standard. Fully backwards compatible with previous DOCSIS standards. Supports 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels.
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet Ports – The Ports can be used for Link Aggregation with higher throughput or support separate IP Address from your service provider.
- Multi-IP Address Support** – Supports up to four home or office networks and allows for multiple internet connections to run various business applications independently.
- Easy Installation – Works with all major US cable service providers, XFINITY® from Comcast, Spectrum and Cox®, right out of the box. Fast self-activation for XFINITY® customers – Get connected without a service call.
†Savings shown may vary by cable service providers
Note: Gigabit service plans and compatible equipment required for Multi-Gig speeds.
**Comcast Business service plans required
Pricing and Availability:
The Nighthawk® CM1200 DOCSIS® 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem is available now through authorized NETGEAR retail partners and other reseller channels, ecommerce sites, and major retailers, at an MSRP of $229.99 (USD).