After acquiring linear streaming service PlutoTV earlier this year, Viacom announced more content would be coming to the service.
Today Viacom highlighted some of those additions:
Pluto TV to Add All-New Viacom Brand Channels to its Offering
Beginning May 1, Viacom will premiere new channels from its flagship brands and library of iconic IP for Pluto TV:
- Co-Branded Flagship Channels: Specially curated versions of Viacom’s most iconic networks.
- BET Pluto TV: Kick back and enjoy the best of Black Hollywood through all of your favorite urban movies! Featuring hundreds of hours of classic films and box office hits, this channel is guaranteed to have everything you’ve been waiting for in one place. Grab a snack and get comfortable. You’re going to be stuck here for a while.
- Comedy Central Pluto TV: Comedy Central Pluto TV is the destination for the best in iconic original comedy series, late night, sketch, animation and a whole lot more. It features specials from “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” and a nonstop stash of classic episodes of “Tosh.0,” “Another Period,” “Ugly Americans,” among plenty of others. In short, if you’re looking for something funny, we have good news: you just found it.
- MTV Pluto TV: Looking to escape the everyday? Get your party started and take a dive into the most iconic reality and dating shows that only MTV can deliver, including hits like “16 & Pregnant,” “MTV Cribs,” “Are You the One?” and “Punk’d.” You want your MTV Pluto!
- Nick Pluto TV: Welcome to Nick Pluto TV where you can watch your favorite classic shows from “All That,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “The Fairly Odd Parents,” “iCarly” and more! It’s all on Nick Pluto TV.
- Nick Jr. Pluto TV: Welcome to Nick Jr. Pluto TV where you’ll find your preschooler’s favorite friends from classic “Blue’s Clues,” “Dora the Explorer,” “Wallykazam” and many more hit Nick Jr. Pluto TV shows.
- Spike Pluto TV: The first network for men is on Pluto TV! Spike features series like “Duck Dynasty,” “Pit Boss” and “Cajun Pawn Stars,” starring people who play by their own set of rules. It’s your one stop shop for bold, unapologetic entertainment.
- Signature Channels: These channels hone in on the most celebrated and differentiated programming from the flagships – spinning them into dedicated, themed channels.
- CMT Westerns: Saddle up with CMT Westerns, the best place to kick off your boots and find your favorite country movies.
- Comedy Central Stand-Up: Are you looking for groundbreaking stand-up comedy? Well, you just hit the jackpot. Comedy Central is the ultimate stand-up source, opening its iconic vault for Pluto TV by featuring content from the world’s best comedians. Whether you’re revisiting classic stand-up series from Dave Attell and John Oliver or discovering early performances from John Mulaney and Amy Schumer, Comedy Central Stand-Up is a gold mine of series and specials that’ll keep you up all night laughing until your parents, spouse or roommates beg you to turn it off.
- MTV Dating: Get cozy with some of the most buzzed about reality dating show hits like “NEXT” and “Parental Control.” Do the romantic hopefuls ever find true love? Maybe, maybe not — but we sure don’t mind watching them try and try again!
- MTV Guy Code: Consider this your man cave, an escape to catch favorite episodes of “Beavis & Butthead,” “MTV Guy Code,” “Rob & Big” and “Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory.”
- MTV Teen: Is the one-stop shop for teen content, including shows like “Made” and “My Super Sweet 16,” with an abundance of OMGs, LOLs and cringe-worthy moments.
- Paramount Movie Channel: The most storied movie studio in Hollywood is throwing open its gates with the Paramount Movie Channel, featuring the greatest movies of the past century all in one place, 24 hours a day.
- Spike Outdoors: The first network for outdoors-men! Spike Outdoors goes all out with a full slate of shows featuring guys making their living off the land. Man up with the modern day adventurers in “Tougher in Alaska,” “River Monsters,” “Bering Sea Gold” and more! If it’s high octane outdoor shows you crave, journey no further than Spike Outdoors!
- Pop-Up Channels: Channels present binge-worthy series, in marathon-style airings.
- MTV’s The Hills: Just in time for the highly-anticipated revival series, “The Hills: New Beginnings,” premiering on Monday, June 24th, viewers can catch up on the series that changed the reality TV landscape and look back at the most unforgettable and iconic moments from the past seasons of “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills.”
Viacom announced that its flagship networks will launch on Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in the U.S. with more than 15 million monthly active users. BET, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon will debut channels on May 1, with content from Viacom’s extensive library of iconic IP through three categories of branded channels: Co-Branded Flagship Channels that are curated versions of Viacom’s leading networks; Signature Channels with the most celebrated and diversified programming from each brand; and Pop-Up Channels that deliver binge-worthy series in marathon-style airings, starting with MTV’s “The Hills” — just in time for the highly anticipated revival series “The Hills: New Beginnings” premiering Monday, June 24.
“We are thrilled to expand the Pluto TV offering with the addition of Viacom’s world-class channel brands and iconic programming. This is a major step forward in our mission of entertaining the planet,” states Tom Ryan, CEO & Co-Founder of Pluto TV. “Viacom has been entertaining audiences for decades with evergreen content that is bold, daring and inspires worldwide fandom. These channels are guaranteed to provide endless entertainment to both new and existing Pluto TV viewers.”
With the addition of Pluto TV, Viacom’s digital video impressions will grow to 5 billion impressions per month by next year.Follow us: